Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ROMANTIC WEEKEND

Well it has been a while since I have updated my site, but life has been busy. I don't have much time after work between the gym and talking to family on the web cam. My parents, siter, daughter, son, and husband now all have web cams so we spend a lot of time on the computer catching up. It is great to be able to see people as well as talk to them. It makes the distance between us a little less.
Martin came for a visit last week and so I was a little busy catching up with him. We went to the coast on Friday and spent the night at a very romantic lodge with the bath tub in the window overlooking the ocean. It was a great time. We walked along the coast holding hands and just talking. It is hard to be apart for long periods of time, but it seems to make the little time we have together even more special. We ate out at a very fancy restaurant and had champagne by the fire in our room. On Saturday we drove further up the coast and visited Newport. It is a fishing town and we walked along the port. It was about 60 degrees on the coast with a breeze. I have learned that the coast here is a lot different than the Texas coast where the temperatures are very hot. It normally does not get above upper 60's to 70 degrees here. We saw kids playing in the sand in their winter coats. We headed home late Saturday afternoon and after driving about 15 minutes inland the temperature rose drasticlly. When we arrived back in Springfield the temp on my car read 99 degrees and only 1 hour inland. I have so far survived without an air conditioner, but if August proves to be much warmer I may have to give in and buy one.
Well I will close for now as it is lucnch time.
Updat you later.

No comments: