Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the road to Oregon

Thursday, June 12
Well after a good nights sleep we are all in better moods, but I can hardly walk because if I haven't mentioned it before, my legs are killing me. We head out to meet our goal for the day of reaching Redding, California. We passed by death valley and all survived ( I was asleep at the time). We only really made one discovery and that was a very long trip down a gravel road that ended at the most beautiful lake I have ever seen. It is one of many crater lakes, but WOW!!!!! It was in the middle of all the tall trees with a few campers and a few boats on the lake. We could only look on at this marvelous creation in silence. What a serene place to come and get away from the world. It really makes you stand in awe of all God has given us to take pleasure in while we spend out time on this earth. We left and headed for a place to again lay our heads for the night before we hit the road again for our last and final day of travel.

No comments: